Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Art Forbidden

Song of Solomon

3:1-3

By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.

I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.

The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?

Why did you hide from me

I beseeched you ernestly

In city streets and

Lanes paved wide

Across heaven's horizons

I sought your face

My soul longed for you

Every watchman watched

But none could help me

Find you who I desired

Above the touch of strangers

That I will always shun

By night I dreamed

Of your sweet voice

Calling out to me

Calling me from evensong

In the quietest hour

Twixt now and then

Though in all faith

I prayed without ceasing

I fasted on my knees

I called you by name

But you answered not

Your essence still lingers

Around every memory

Those that keep count

Of us who are alone

Cannot erase the stain of tears

As there is no grace

Sufficient to make an art

Of being one forbidden love

No comments:

Post a Comment