Monday, June 21, 2010

musing

There always seem to come a time in a relationship for evaluation. Where are we, where are we going, how do we get there or even do we want to go there? Invariably one person is on a different place in the path than the other. I find it hard to walk abreast on a narrow path. One will always be a step ahead and as follows, one will be a step behind. This has the potential for awkwardness if you both do not have the same destination in mind.
I have heard it said that one of a couple has "fallen out of love". I do not think this is true at all. I believe the two individuals were on different paths. This could have occurred at any point in the journey. I think it's important to have open face to face communication about your relationship. You may find that you were never really sure of the other person. It's easy to avoid the pain and not face the truth and many people take that path. I have taken that path.
This time I will not take that path. I will follow my man to the ends of the earth as long as I am sure of the path he is taking in all things.

"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered.

"Yes, Piglet?"

"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment